Our agency is actively seeking candidates to fill an immediate junior-level job opening.
This is a great opportunity for an enterprising wordsmith in the early stage of their career to join one of the fastest-growing start-ups in the publishing and content industries.
Below is the full job description.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email a cover letter, your resume, and at least three representative writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY: Gotham Ghostwriters, the country’s premier ghostwriting agency, is seeking a highly organized self-starter who has a way with words to join our growing team.
We are an advanced, new model start-up in an ideal market position. Our agency operates in a high-demand field with little competition and an unbeatable asset — a network of more than 2000 book ghostwriters, speechwriters, white paper whizzes, and assorted long-form content specialists. We have also built a great reputation for delivering high-quality content and service to a diverse range of thinkers and speakers (Fortune 100 brands, TED talkers, global advocates, etc.).
You are an up-and-coming creative type with an entrepreneurial knack, a keen interest in the craft and business of content creation, and an abundance of initiative.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Junior Associate will assist the president and other Gotham staff in managing the agency’s daily operations, supporting and servicing clients, and promoting our brand.
Among other things, the Junior Associate will be responsible for:
• Serving as a first point of contact for new business inquiries and requests for information about the agency
• Handling the agency’s billing and bookkeeping
• Maintaining our databases
• Onboarding new writers to our network and educating them about our processes
• Managing the agency’s social media platforms and blog
• Performing research for our staff and writers
Over time, the Junior Associate will also be encouraged to contribute more directly to the agency’s growth by identifying new business opportunities, cultivating new sources of referrals, and representing the agency at industry events.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong writing, organizational, and people skills are the top prerequisites for this position. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
• 1 to 2 years of experience working in a related field (publishing, PR, journalism, content marketing) and interfacing with clients/users
• Solid grounding in social media and online engagement
• Creative ideas for expanding the firm’s brand awareness and reach
• Familiarity with the QuickBooks accounting program or a basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with junior positions in the publishing industry, as well as commissions for bringing in new business and bonuses tied to company performance. Health insurance provided.
APPLICATIONS: If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a cover letter, your resume, and at least three representative writing samples to: email@example.com.