Our agency is looking for an entrepreneurial content pro to lead and grow our Thought Leadership practice.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced PR, media, or publishing maven with a strong entrepreneurial bent and a solid background in client development/management who is hungry for a new challenge.
Below is the full job description.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email a cover letter, your resume, and writing samples to: email@example.com
Managing Director, Thought Leadership Group
SUMMARY: Gotham Ghostwriters, the nation’s premier ghostwriting agency, is seeking an entrepreneurial content pro to lead and scale up our Thought Leadership practice.
We are an advanced, new model start-up in an ideal market position. We operate in a high-demand field with little competition and an unbeatable asset — a network of more than 1800 book ghostwriters, speechwriters, white paper whizzes, and assorted content specialists. We have also built a great reputation for delivering high-quality content and service to a diverse range of thought leadership clients (Fortune 100 brands, TED talkers, global advocates, etc.).
You are a dynamic, well-connected relationship-builder and manager who can help us expand that brand, cultivate new sources of business, and take full advantage of our unique capacity to custom-match editorial talent with content need. This position is ideally suited for a PR, media, or publishing maven who is already versed in the art of smart content and is eager for a new challenge with high reward potential.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The managing director (MD) will work closely with the agency’s president to: raise awareness of our company in general and deepen our connections within the PR/media/publishing space in particular; identify and close new business opportunities; and oversee the matchmaking process for new clients in their practice area.
More specifically, the MD will be responsible for:
• Formulating and overseeing long-term business development and marketing strategies
• Meeting with PR and strategic communications agencies, corporate communications teams, and other players in the executive communications and thought leadership fields who could be potential sources of business
• Representing the agency at relevant conferences and events
• Organizing events to increase brand recognition
• Negotiating terms and drafting contracts for clients they bring in
• Serving as the first point of contact for clients under contract
• Managing the assignment of writers to projects
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires substantial knowledge of the PR/media/publishing space and the craft and business of writing; strong people, pitching, and relationship-building skills; and a mix of initiative, creativity, and business savvy.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
• 5 to 10 years experience working in a business development and/or client management capacity at a related company or agency
• A solid base network of relationships throughout the PR/media/publishing space
• Excellent writing ability
• Enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment
COMPENSATION: Base salary commensurate with experience plus commissions on all new business the MD is directly responsible for bringing into the agency, as well as bonuses tied to overall company performance. Health insurance provided.
APPLICATIONS: If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org